Director of Operations (Manufacturing Focus)Location :: Davis, CA
We build robots for farming’s next frontier.
At Advanced Farm our values guide our work:
- Honesty– In life and work foster trust through openness.
- Humility- We aim to under-promise and over deliver, learning and adapting as we go. Most importantly, we do a lot of listening along the way.
- Hard Work- We spend time in the field to build technology that works in the field.
- Humanity- Everyone is a stakeholder in improving the working conditions of farmworkers everywhere. We aim to automate the toughest tasks and provide career advancement through technology.
We are looking for employees who embody our values and have passion for what they do. If this is you, read on.
What you will do
- As the Director of Operations you will:
- Implement best-in-class manufacturing practices spanning product documentation, fabrication, quality control, supply chain, purchasing, safety, commissioning, and deployment.
- Set and execute company operations strategy. First, you will develop the strategy to grow our strawberry harvester fleet from 10 units to 100 units in the next 3 years. Next, you will determine how we incorporate multiple product lines at scale.
- Work alongside the CEO, CTO and CFO on critical business and technology initiatives that will position the company for future successful equity raises and M&A.
- Lead an operations team that consists of 15 people in purchasing & inventory control, quality assurance, manufacturing, and maintenance functions.
What we will look for
- Some who has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or a Masters Degree in a field such as Engineering or Business, or a proven track record that shows relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience leading manufacturing teams for products that were deployed and supported at scale. You have seen all sides of product development, from early stage prototypes to at-scale production.
- 4+ years of experience as a people manager in high-performing teams. You are a mentor for best practices to other managers.
- Specific examples of how you have used KPIs to run a process driven organization. You are able to think strategically and big picture while also focusing on execution.
- Familiarity with shop equipment and various fabrication methods for electromechanical devices.
- An understanding of farming and the ag equipment industry.
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting tools and software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail. You are prepared to build a process-driven culture by your example.
- Legal work status in the US- please do not apply if you need visa sponsorship now or in the future.
What you can expect from us
- Starting pay range for this position is $145,000 to $182,000 per year.
- Medical: 75% premiums covered for you and your dependents.
- Dental & Vision: 100% premiums covered for you and your dependents.
- 401K: Company contribution match up to 4%.
- Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long Term Disability: 100% premiums covered for you.
- Opportunity to earn company equity.
- Paid parental, bereavement and sick leave.
- Paid vacation time- 2 weeks of company wide vacation + 2 weeks of discretionary vacation time + all federal holidays.
- Weekly team lunch provided.
- A supportive and collaborative team environment.