Field AnalystLocation :: Oxnard, CA (On-site)
We build robots for the next frontier of farming.
We are a venture-backed startup based in Davis, CA, and we build robots to address some of farming’s toughest tasks. Here’s what we can offer to you that you can’t get anywhere else:
✅ The chance to transform an industry and improve the lives of millions of farmworkers.
✅ First-hand exposure to an endless supply of incredibly challenging technical problems.
✅ The pressure to invent cutting-edge solutions to said problems (and mess up along the way).
✅ A workplace that encourages building, learning and deploying. See your work in the field!
Still interested? Read our mission and the job description below to see if you’re a good fit for us!
Use your powers for good!
- Work daily on farms and cold storage facilities, collecting data across disciplines including agronomy, harvest economics, labor productivity, plant biology, performance of robotic harvest technology, and other crops.
- Report to the manager of the Data Science team, helping to design and conduct experiments in the field to measure impact of changes to our robotic harvest operations.
- Coordinate with teammates in software engineering, mechanical engineering, plant sciences and farming operations to carry out tests effectively with minimal disruption to ongoing ranch operations.
- Be responsible for data entry and reporting of test results.
- Drive customer engagement through building customer reports and being a key on-site liaison between advanced.farm and our customers
Here’s what we’ll look for when we select someone to join the team.
- Required skills and experience:
- B.S. or higher with a preference for the statistics/data, agricultural, or business fields
- 1+ years in relevant ag experience with a preference for experience in the strawberry or tree fruit industries.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Attention to detail, strong quantitative skills, and good written/verbal communication skills
- Bilingual – Spanish Working Proficiency
- Must be willing to travel along the West Coast to different grower ranches in support of company research and industry collaboration. Up to 20% travel during certain parts of the year.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs and work (sitting/standing) in outdoor weather conditions when necessary.
- Valid Drivers License and reliable transportation required. Mileage reimbursement given at federal rate.
Legal work status in the US- please do not apply if you need visa sponsorship now or in the future.Apply on LinkedIn