PCB DesignerLocation :: Davis, CA (Hybrid)
We build robots for the next frontier of farming.
We are a venture-backed startup based in Davis, CA, and we build robots to address some of farming’s toughest tasks. Here’s what we can offer to you that you can’t get anywhere else:
✅ The chance to transform an industry and improve the lives of millions of farmworkers.
✅ First-hand exposure to an endless supply of incredibly challenging technical problems.
✅ The pressure to invent cutting-edge solutions to said problems (and mess up along the way).
✅ Limitless career upside: you grow as we grow.
✅ The chance to live in the ‘burbs of sunny California and ride your bike to a farm for work everyday.
✅ A workplace that encourages building, learning and deploying. See your work in the field!
Still interested? Read our mission and the job description below to see if you’re a good fit for us!
Use your powers for good!
The PCB Designer reports directly to the Director of Hardware & Systems and works under the direction of the Executive Technical Director.
- Design circuits for vision, sensors, and monitoring systems on our harvesters.
- Capture schematics and design the layout/routing using Altium Designer.
- Collaborate with our skilled mechanical engineering team with Solidworks.
- Debug and facilitate testing of prototypes and production systems.
- Collaborate with firmware engineers that will bring your design alive.
Here’s what we’ll look for when we select someone to join the team.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2-5 years of professional experience designing print circuit boards.
- Previous design experience with impedance controlled routing and termination for RF circuits, specifically the SHF band.
- Previous design experience with mixed-signal circuits including microcontrollers, signal conditioning, etc.
- Experience using an oscilloscope, VNA, and other electrical test equipment.
- Proficiency with Solidworks and Altium Designer.
- Curiosity for hardware and software development demonstrated through a personal portfolio or website. Send us a link to your Github!
- Legal work status in the US- please do not apply if you need visa sponsorship now or in the future.