Software EngineerLocation :: Davis, CA (In-Person: Eligible for Remote Work)
We build robots for farming’s next frontier.
We are a venture backed start-up based in Davis, California. We bring high-tech, humane innovations to farming’s unsolved problems. Our technology includes a robotic strawberry harvester, robotic apple harvester, and an automated packline.
At Advanced Farm our values guide our work:
- Honesty– In life and work foster trust through openness.
- Humility- We aim to under-promise and over deliver, learning and adapting as we go. Most importantly, we do a lot of listening along the way.
- Hard Work- We spend a lot of time in the field to build technology that works in the field.
- Humanity- Everyone is a stakeholder in improving the working conditions of farmworkers everywhere. We aim to automate the toughest tasks and provide career advancement through technology.
We are looking for employees who embody our values and have passion for what they do. If this is you, read on.
What you will do
- Contribute to the perception stack for real-time eye-in-hand robots that operate in an unstructured environment.
- Develop performant software for real-time controls.
- Build tools to diagnose issues and monitor performance in the field and the lab.
- Analyze non-trivial systems with statistics to improve performance – think A-B testing for sophisticated robots in a dynamic setting.
What we will look for
- 3-5+ years professional software development in Python.
- BS in Computer Science, Robotics or equivalent practical experience.
- Practical experience with robotics, stereo vision systems, structure from motion and real-time controls strategies for real-world devices.
- Comfortable with data structure/ algorithms and navigating large code bases.
- Passion for software development demonstrated through a personal portfolio or website. Send us a link!
- Legal work status in the US- please do not apply if you need visa sponsorship now or in the future.
What you can expect from us
- Pay range for the position is $85,000 to $140,000
- Medical: 75% of premium covered for you and your dependents.
- Dental & Vision: 100% of premium covered for you and your dependents.
- 401K: Company contribution match up to 4%.
- Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long Term Disability: 100% of premiums covered for you.
- Opportunity to earn company equity.
- Paid parental, bereavement and sick leave.
- Paid vacation time- 2 weeks of company wide vacation + 2 weeks of discretionary vacation time + all federal holidays.
- A supportive and collaborative team environment.