Software EngineerLocation :: Davis, CA (Hybrid)
We build robots for the next frontier of farming.
We are a venture-backed startup based in Davis, CA, and we build robots to address some of farming’s toughest tasks. Here’s what we can offer to you that you can’t get anywhere else:
✅ The chance to transform an industry and improve the lives of millions of farmworkers.
✅ First-hand exposure to an endless supply of incredibly challenging technical problems.
✅ The pressure to invent cutting-edge solutions to said problems (and mess up along the way).
✅ Limitless career upside: you grow as we grow.
✅ The chance to live in the ‘burbs of sunny California and ride your bike to a farm for work everyday.
✅ A workplace that encourages building, learning and deploying. See your work in the field!
Still interested? Read our mission and the job description below to see if you’re a good fit for us!
Use your powers for good!
- Contribute to the perception stack for real-time eye-in-hand robots that operate in an unstructured environment.
- Develop performant software for real-time controls.
- Build tools to diagnose issues and monitor performance in the field and the lab.
- Analyze non-trivial systems with statistics to improve performance – think A-B testing for sophisticated robots in a dynamic setting.
Here’s what we’ll look for when we select someone to join the team.
- 3-5+ years professional software development in Python.
- BS in Computer Science, Robotics or equivalent practical experience.
- Practical experience with robotics, stereo vision systems, structure from motion and real-time controls strategies for real-world devices.
- Comfortable with data structure/ algorithms and navigating large code bases.
- Passion for software development demonstrated through a personal portfolio or website. SEND US A LINK.
- Legal work status in the US- please do not apply if you need visa sponsorship now or in the future.